With crunchy carrots, sweet and tart apples, dried cranberries, salty feta cheese, and a creamy dressing, this Carrot Apple Slaw is a refreshingly sweet and savory salad for summer!
- 1 large sweet red apple
- 1 large tart green apple
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 10 ounces raw matchstick carrots (about 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- Core apples and cut into thin slices; cut slices into matchsticks (you should have around 3 1/2 cups julienned apples). Place in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice. Add carrots and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, honey, rice wine vinegar, and salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over apple/carrot mixture and stir to coat. Mix in crumbled feta cheese and dried cranberries. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper, if necessary. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to an hour to allow the flavors to blend, or longer if you prefer softer carrots and apples. If a bit of liquid accumulates at the bottom of the bowl, serve using a slotted spoon.