I’ve made many tender recipes, but this is my favorite… flavorful, tender and crunchy… these would be wonderful to serve for your Superbowl party… they’re already on my list… enjoy!!
Love these tenders…
Cook time: 10 Min Prep time: 10 Min Serves: 4 – 6
3 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into even slices – about 5 per breast
onion powder – for seasoning chicken
1/4 c milk
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 c flour
2 c flour
1 Tbsp tony chacheres creole seasoning or cajun seasoning – more for seasoning chicken
1/2 – 1 Tbsp garlic powder – more for seasoning chicken
1 Tbsp salt – or can use less if preferred
oil for frying chicken
1. Prepare chicken – slice into even pieces, as similar in size as you can get. Liberally season with garlic, onion and creole seasoning, just one side and toss together.
2. Get out two bowls – In one add 2 cups of flour, 1 tablespoon creole seasoning, salt, and garlic powder. Whisk together. In the second bowl – add eggs, 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup milk and 1 tablespoon oil. Whisk until smooth.
3. Heat enough oil in a deep pan or deep fryer – I use my wok; to cover chicken once placed in oil. Or you can flip them as they cook, if you don’t have enough oil to cover. Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
4. When the oil is hot enough. Dredge chicken in the egg mixture, then coat with flour mixture. Drop into hot grease. They will float when done. ( about 8 – 10 minutes ). I always cook until golden. Add only 8 – 10 pieces at a time, depending how big your pan is. You don’t want to over crowd; or will cool down your grease too quickly, leaving you with greasy chicken…You may want to adjust heat as you go… if it gets to be too hot, but you want it hot enough to crisp the chicken.
5. As each batch is cooked, drain on paper towels. While hot I sprinkle with salt or creole seasoning. Serve with my delicious Honey Mustard and Peanut Butter dipping sauces. Both are posted with my recipes… Delicious!!
6. Adding the honey mustard as well… 3/4 c mayonnaise 3 Tbsp honey 3 Tbsp yellow mustard 1 Tbsp lemon juice hot pepper sauce – a few dashes ( optional ) Combine all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Stir until blended and chill until ready to serve.