- 1 loaf (about 1 pound) bread, crust removed if hard
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups skim milk (I used half condensed non-fat milk for added richness)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
How to Make It :
Coat a 9×13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Slice the bread into 1-inch slices or tear into 1-inch pieces and arrange evenly in the prepared pan.
In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, vanilla and 3 tablespoons of the sugar and cinnamon mixture, until well blended.