- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk (non fat or reduced fat)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with muffin papers.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter and mix.
- Add half of the milk and mix well.
- Repeat with the flour and milk and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Evenly divide the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
To make these gluten free, use 2 cups of a gluten free flour blend and add an additional 1 tsp of baking powder.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield):12
Serving size is 1 muffin.
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/5 Points
PER SERVING: 182 calories; 8g fat; 5g saturated fat; 24g carbohydrates; 7g sugar; 3g protein; 1g fiber