I’d love to wake up with Morning Kisses every day! These sweet, beignet-like bites have just a hint of orange flavor – Perfect for starting the day off right!
Cook time: 5 Min Prep time: 10 Min Serves: 6
1 c ricotta cheese
1/2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2-3 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp orange zest
1 tsp orange extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
1. In a medium bowl combine ricotta and eggs; mix until smooth.
2. Add flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, sugar, orange zest, orange extract and vanilla; combine until smooth.
3. Fill a large, shallow skillet with approximately 3/4 inch of safflower oil. Place over medium-high heat. (You will know when the oil is hot enough when a bit of batter sizzles when dropped in.) Drop small rounded teaspoons of batter into the hot oil, 8 to 10 at a time. The batter will puff and undersides will turn golden brown, after about 1 to 2 minutes, flip the “kisses” over and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes until golden brown.
4. Place cooked “kisses” on a tray lined with paper towels. Continue making them until all the batter is gone.
5. Place these delicate little puffs on a serving plate and sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.