- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb. ground meat
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Several dashes salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices provolone cheese
Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a skillet, saute the onion and pepper in the oil until tender. Combine these veggies with the remaining ingredients except the cheese in a bowl. Place half of this mixture into a greased loaf pan and top with 3 of the slices of provolone cheese. Repeat so you have two meat-cheese layers.
Bake for 45 minutes (the internal temperature of the meat should reach 165°F). Allow the meatloaf to sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Yield: 4-5 servings.